OUTSIDE AGENCY FUNDING
Jackson County is accepting Outside Agency Funding applications to support community based nonprofit organizations. Consideration is given to those nonprofit organizations meeting community health and human service needs of underserved populations by improving the livability of the community in the following areas:
Basic Services: programs focused on the delivery of services and the development of systems that prevent and reduce immediate and long-term harm – access to food, shelter, clothing, hygiene
Emergency Assistance Services: programs providing emergency assistance limited to 30 days or less
Quality of Life Services: programs providing opportunities for a stable life to prevent harm, protect individuals from risk or danger and meet daily living needs
Support Services: programs aimed at vulnerable and at-risk seniors, youth, young adults and families
Agency must meet the following:
- Nonprofit organization registered with the State of Missouri.
- Hold a Jackson County Certificate of Compliance.
- Be in existence for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Located in Jackson County and serve Jackson County residents.
- Agency may not be associated with any personal interest of a member of the Jackson County Legislature or County staff that may be deemed a violation of the ethics policy.
- Jackson County cannot be the sole funder for any program nor provide more than 50% of an organization’s revenue.
- Funding requests are for the period of January 1 through December 31. The activities or services for which funds are requested must occur in this time frame.
- Funding cannot be used to promote political or religious purposes.
- Said funds are not designated for capital purposes, equipment or hardware of any kind such as vehicles, computers, computer, laptops or televisions.
- Funding is provided on a cost reimbursement basis, only after submission of receipts and proof of payment are provided.
2022 FUNDING APPLICATIONS
Applications are only accepted through the online application system. Applications are due no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, October 29, 2021, for consideration in Jackson County’s 2022 Budget. Later or incomplete applications will be rejected by the online application system. Submitting an application does not guarantee that your agency will receive funds.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS to submit with application:
- Program Application including Proposed Program Budget
- 501c3 Non-Profit Letter of Tax Exemption
- Missouri Secretary of State Certificate of Good Standing
- Missouri Secretary of State Annual Registration Report
- A current roster of Board Members on organization stationery
- 2020 IRS Form 990 - Extensions are not accepted.
- 2020 Audited Financial Statement, including Management Letter
- 2021 Board-approved Budget with Projected Revenue and Expenses year to date
- 2021 Balance Sheet year to date
- Certificate of Liability Insurance Coverage for at least $1 million
- IRS Form W9 https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
DO NOT submit an application if your agency does not have all 11 required documents.
Should you have any questions about the process or information required, please contact the Auditor’s Office, email@example.com or 816-881-3310, prior to submission of your Outside Agency Funding Request.
To proceed with an Outside Agency Funding Application log in below. If this is your first time applying please create an account.
CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
If you already have an account please login, or click here to create a new account.